Saturday, June 29, 2013

Poca-Oakley

The Great American report and presentations are the final project ending third grade!

Three years ago, Emily was Annie Oakley. My mom made her costume. She just sewed her a vest and matching skirt.

Hannah wanted to be Pocahontas. She wanted to buy the costume. It was $30.00 and that didn't include the headband and jewelry.
I was not going to get her a $30+ costume to wear for just 2 minutes (the length of her presentation).

After much negotiating (she is pretty determined young lady) I 'convinced' her to wear her big sister's costume and we purchased a headband, necklace and white cami for her to decorate and glue feathers on it.
So Annie Oakley was transformed into Pocahontas!

So this was the end result. What do you think?
Presentation time... I also didn't have any brown boots nor moccasins for her to wear and convinced her that Native Americans were probably barefoot anyway!
Two more Pocahontas': Alice (who actually did get to purchase a costume and black wig, I might add) and Sabrina.
Her 3rd grade class: they had 4 Abraham Lincolns (two whom were girls!).


3 comments:

Angelina Chau said...

I seriously think Hannah's costume was the cutest and most creative! Good job, mom.

valerie c. said...

Hannah's outfit was best by far! Cheers to you for being creative and "recycling"!!!

Mom said...

Ka Wai's outfit was very cute , better than the other girls! Barefoot was just fine. I like those feathers. You are very creative. Can you save the outfit for LY too?