Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Acapella ROCKS!

If you didn't know by now, I am not on Facebook. But my husband is and I stalk his account all the time.

On it I came across this incredible video "Evolution of Music" by an acapella group called Pentatonix.

Oh my goodness, they are incredible. I googled Pentatonix and watched all their videos on YouTube. Unbeknownst by me, Pentatonix were the winners of Season 3 NBC's The Sing-Off. They are purely an acapella group that do not use any instruments or equipment to accompany nor enhance their songs.

You can really hear each of their voices in this piece, "Carol of the Bells"
They sound like a huge band! And they are only using their voices.

They reminded me of my boys.. a trio who performed in the then-CCS 2010 Talent Show. They were such a hit that they performed again on the last day of school in my class.. of course since they were my third graders!

Here are Ben, Josh and Tredan performing "I'm Yours":

I am so proud of these fine young men, they were only 9 years old then. Now they are in 6th grade soon to head off to junior high next year. Josh moved away but Ben and Tre are still here in town attending their neighborhood schools. Emily will reunite with her former classmates when they attend the same high school in two years.

1 comment:

CEZ said...

Thanks Cezanne! I love this video. So cute! And they are all so talented. Sure miss you and your class. It was great to see you and your family the other night!

Jodi