So my husband researched what was the best available that had a strong fan. Yes... I needed a strong fan that would not smell up my whole house when I cook! Most microwave/fan combos are 300-400 CFM (cubic feet per minute) or the amount of air the fan is pushing. Our previous fan was probably 300 CFM. A wimpy little thing!
After reading reviews and checking out Consumer Reports, we went to good ol' Sears and got us this bad boy!
The Kenmore Elite 30" Microhood Combination
![]() |
| This microwave has an extra wide cavity since the positioning of the controls were on the bottom instead of on the side. |
It also has duel swing doors that you can open on the left or the right!
The tray glides (moves back and forth) instead of spinning a turntable tray. This maximizes the usable space within the microwave.
Check out the happy and proud faces of a job well-done! It took them three hours... Greg finally left our house at midnight to go back to his hotel!
THANK YOU Greg!!






4 comments:
This is so cute and funny and sweet! We never use our microwave, ever. We tried using the one we had in Macau right at the end of our stay there and turns out it was broken the entire year! Whoops! Our microwave here in Shanghai has been delegated to a sideboard in the dining room to make counter space in the kitchen for food prep. I admit I have used it here to heat up Michael's dinner on the nights he works late (in Macau they fed him between shows so no dinner at home to heat up). What do you actually cook in the microwave?? Oh, one other quick story, after Michael and I had been married one year, he bought me a microwave. I cried and cried, thinking he hated my cooking and just wanted me to fix frozen buritos! He said he just wanted to make my life easier. But I've never really used a microwave to "cook" before. I'm serious... please share something you prepare in the microwave! I love seeing your pretty face in the reflection! :)
Kenmore seems to know how to do it right when it comes to heavy-duty appliances. when our small top-oven/exhaust fan died (it was also part of the stove), we couldn't find another "same" kind to replace...so we had to buy a new stove and seperate exhaust hood. it just wasn't the same. and as for microwave cooking, the most i use our little microwave for is to "bake" whole potatoes! otherwise, it melts the butter for me when i make popovers! kudos to Matt for getting help in installation!
Heather & Val: I actually don't 'cook' in the microwave.. just heat up leftovers and the girl's mac n cheese. Actually there are a lot of quick fix foods that i can heat up for the girls for their lunches in the microwave. I also reheat my hot Starbucks drinks when they run cold. I do cook on the stove: stir fry veggies, bake ribs in the oven or fry pork chops and the smell can get overwhelming in my little house. Thus I needed a very strong fan to blow out the smells..I would love an over-the-stove exhaust fan/hood only but then that means I would need to find another place for the microwave. My kitchen is so small that counter space is such a luxury that I cannot afford to devote to another appliance.But this new one is working out very well even though it's very loud! I guess more power comes with more noise!
...like you said, it's a "bad boy"! ;-)
Post a Comment